Basic Circuit Elements (resistor, capacitor, inductor, diode, transistor, etc.); Kirchhoff’s laws; resistive circuits; Node and Mesh analysis for DC and AC circuits; Thevenin theorem and Norton theorem; first-order circuits; transient and steady-state responses; logic and digital circuits.
- Introductioin — Circuit, currents, and voltages; power and energy; Kirchhoff’s laws and reference directions; circuit elements.
- Resistive Circuit Analysis — Resistive circuit analysis using series and parallel equivalents; node-voltage and mesh-current analysis; Thevenin and Norton equivalent circuits, superposition principle.
- Operational Amplifiers — Ideal operational amplifiers, inverting amplifiers, and non-inverting amplifiers.
- Semiconductor Devices — Diodes, field-effect transistors, and bipolar junction transistors.
- First-Order Circuits, Transient and Steady-State Responses — Simple RC and RL circuit, source-free circuit.
- Logic and Digital Circuits — Representatiion of numerical data in binary form, combinational logic circuits, synthesis of logic circuits, minimization of logic circuits, and sequential circuits.
Schedule and Lecture Slides
|5||Thevenin and Norton equivalent circuits|
|9||Capacitors and Inductors|
|11||Sinusoids and phasors|
|12||Sinusoidal steady-state analysis|
|13||Basic diode concepts|
|14||Field-effect transistors and Bipolar junction transistors|
|15||Digital circuits I|
|16||Digital circuits II|
- Quizzes 10%
- Midterm Examination 45%
- Final Examination 45%
A. R. Hambley, Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications, 5th Edition, Prentice Hall 2009, ISBN: 0132130068.
- C. K. Alexander and M. Sadiku, Fundamentals of Electronic Circuits, 3rd Edition, Mc Graw-Hill International 2007, ISBN: 9780071266475.
- J. D. Irwin, R. M. Nelms, Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis, 9th Edition, Wiley International 2008, ISBN: 9780470128695.
- D. A. Neamen, Microelectronics Circuit Analysis and Design, 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill International 2009, ISBN: 0073380644.